Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Two weeks ago, I started learning to surf. Now, I catch a few waves and stand and surf. Surfing is complicated to learn since waves never stay the same plus the nature changes.

Most of time, I was learning to become comfortable with the ocean. It is big part of surfing; enjoying the nature. It is knowing myself to take as little and as much as I can take while my body adapts to new environments.  Nutrition is the key and rest is the key.

Paddling is surfing. I learned S stroke which entails paddling with thumb first and paddling outward. Deep dip, cup your hands, past your hips.... They don't work. Plus past your hips will probably give scar tissues in your shoulder when you get older.

Pop up is not about putting your feet on the board. It is about pushing the board down with hands and hips to bring feet in the right place. It is not about push up as I thought.

Evolution continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment